Monday, December 26, 2011

Dinner Is In The Jar
by Kathy Clark



Yay! I got it!

This book is Awe. Some!

This goal of this book is to equip you, thru recipes, to create a 90 day supply of meals, using, primarily, your dried food storage - veggies, butter, milk, sour cream powders, and the like.

Since I am putting a larger emphasis, lately, on my freeze dried & dehydrated food storage, I knew this was a book I wanted!

Now, the meals all have Add-Ons; the pint of canned (or pound of fresh) meat; a can or two of diced or crushed tomatoes. But even these items can be 'converted' by using TVPs for the meat, and dried tomatoes.

Each recipe does include a page of labels to photocopy to adhere to your jar or mylar bag.

An additional feature I like about the book is that the author included an Appendix of Ingredients *and* Add-ons that the recipes require, as well as what recipe that ingredient corresponds with. This way, I can go thru the list, then check the recipe, to see if it's one I'd even like to prepare, before I go out & purchase an ingredient I may not have on hand (altho, most of the ingredients are used in multiple recipes, of course).

I read the reviews on Amazon by those complaining about how it doesn't look 'professionally done' inside, but I think that's just silliness, honestly. I am pleased with it, inside & out.

The recipes, too, appear to be pleasers, so I really can't wait to choose which one I'll try first. Back to Amazon reviews, here, tho... I've read very positive reviews that the food is delish.

That works for me!

If you are looking for more recipes that will incorporate your freeze dried/dehydrated long term food storage... I highly recommend you snag this book!

Well done, Mrs. Clark!

0 comments:

Post a Comment