Saturday, November 12, 2011

An Encyclopedia of Knowledge

Blogs & websites, books & T.V. - these are all wonderful, wonderful resources to learn about, & get inspired about, being prepared. The blogosphere has blogs a'plenty... there's myriad websites out there. More and more folks are writing books, both fiction and non-fiction, about the subject. The most surprising, to me, anyway, is that you are seeing more and more of it on television. In the past year, alone, I've seen SEVERAL specials on the prepping lifestyle.

It almost makes ya wonder... is someone *trying* to prepare us for something?

ANYway, another wonderful resource is youtube. I will tell ya.. I've gotten more and sometimes, better info from watching other preppers' videos, than I have practically anywhere else.

Today, I'd like to introduce you to one of my personal favorites.

Her screen name is zappo888.

This woman is a sweet, dear thing. She strongly reminds me of probably *the* sweetest, dearest woman I ever knew. She is so soft-spoken, and just a little self-conscious; however, this woman is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. She is a long term prepper, and the stuff she knows will just knock your socks off. She is mindful of people's time, so she makes a concerted effort to keep her videos to a scant length - some less than 10 minutes, even. She not only gives 'how-to's', but she will sometimes give a recipe, or share a deal she found at a local dollar store. She is overflowin' with practical advice from her many years of living this lifestyle.

I will mention that she is LDS. But she doesn't push that. She isn't afraid to mention God, tho, so if that's a problem for you... well, I dunno. Her channel is about prepping, and I personally feel that ANYONE could gain a great deal from her sage wisdom.

So, here's the link to her channel. On the right hand side, you'll see her video list. It appears short, but be sure you click 'See More'. You'll find she has a whole, whole lotta videos - 330, as I write. Then spend some time perusing them. I'm 99% sure that you'll be glad you did.

If you do, subscribe to her channel!

Her message to all the Lady Preppers out there:


0 comments:

Post a Comment